Shakiry Charity London office is based in Cricklewood.
Our Trustees are:
Mr A S Shakiry (Chairman)
Mr K Sharifi (Vice Chairman)
Mrs L Shakiry (Treasurer)
Mr H Shakiry
Dr Z Salih Habib
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the management of Shakiry Charity and to ensure the smooth operation of the charity in compliance with our Articles of Association. Our Trustees are non-executives and do not receive any remuneration from Shakiry Charity.
Our Aims are:
- To promote the efficiency and effectiveness of charities and the efficient use of charitable resources in Iraq and the United Kingdom by providing information, guidance, training and technical and professional support and assistance.
- Relief of Poverty: The prevention or relief of poverty in Iraq and among Iraqi communities (in particular widows and orphans, the sick, disabled, elderly and internally forced displaced people) by providing: sponsorship, financial support and services to individuals in need and/or charities or other organizations working to prevent or relieve poverty.
- Community Capacity Building: To develop the capacity and skills of the members of the socially and economically disadvantaged Iraqi communities in Iraq and London in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet, their needs and to participate more fully in society.
- Social Inclusion: To promote social inclusion for the public benefit of communities in Iraq by preventing people from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society.
Policies and Procedures:
Code of Conduct
Complaints & Resolving Difficulties
Conflict of Interest
Equal Opportunities Statement SCSS
Financial Controls Policy
Health & Safety Policy
Induction Procedure for Staff & Volunteers
IT Security, Email & the Internet
Maternity and Parental Entitlements
Paying Staff Policy
Petty Cash Policy
Sickness Pay Entitlement
Staff Recruitment Procedure
Volunteer Expense Policy & Procedures
Volunteer Recruitment Policy
Application Forms for Employees and Volunteers:
Employee Application Form
Volunteer Application Form
We are registered with
- Companies House (The Companies Act 2006 – Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee). Registration No. 05354695
- Charity Commission – Registration No. 1115625
Our Financial Statements and Trustees Report are prepared by an Independent Examiner, and presented annually to Companies House and Charity Commission. Our financial year runs from 1st January to 31st December.
Reports for the past five years:
Laws and guidance for Fundraising:
We follow fundraising laws and guidance according to Charity Commission guidelines.